The heart is not judged by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Loving Kindness and Assessment

Hi All,
Doing the loving kindness exercise was rather easy for me. I tend to try to practice this on a daily basis just in different ways. It is comforting to know that before this class started I was already on my way to becoming much more spiritual and aware of my mind and how I interact with the world around me.
On the other hand, doing the assessment made me realize that my three legged stool is constantly toppeling over.
I have a terrible habit of seeing my life as a three legged stool of mind body spirit, but only being able to make one almost perfect at a time. I concentrate all my efforts on only one aspect. My goal is to concentrate on all three aspects at once but to make sure I try to keep a balance of each to be able to grow in mind- body- spirit together at once. I think if I can meditate on a daily basis along with yoga and start lifting weights again I will be able to accomplish all three.
It is no coincidence that I am at this very place in my life right now and am taking this class along with stress management class.... I really think things fall into place the way they do for a reason.
Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment