The heart is not judged by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Subtle Mind

I liked both exercises very much. I couldn't find my cd at first so I tried the Loving Kindness exercise by reading it and it didn't work as well as when I heard the voice telling me how to do it. I really liked the subtle mind exercise the best because it calmed me so much I almost fell asleep during the 18th to the 20th minute. I know we shouldnt fall asleep but that is how relaxed I was. I can't sleep at night and have trouble focusing - this will really help me calm my mind. As far as the first exercise goes I think I can progress quickly from the first stage to the second. I was able to let go of a hatred I have held for someone for over 25 years! I am so impressed with the exercises and myself.
I think the connection is simply if your spirit is healthy your mind and body will also be healthy. Our minds are very powerful and can luckily be manipulated like molding clay - we just have to decide if we want to let outside influences that are negative or positive mold our clay. If we can grow our spirits and spread the peacefulness we can create a healthier future for our children and theirs.
I love the saying " the heart is not judged by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others" {Wizard of Oz} I beilieve this, I think that it shows that if you are loved by others it is because you have loved.
Becki

3 comments:

  1. I didn’t have trouble finding my cd so I did them both from that – but I think if I had to only read it I wouldn’t have felt as into it as when hearing them talk me through it. So I get what you’re saying about that. I want to congratulate you for letting go of hatred for someone for over 25 years! That is absolutely amazing that the loving-kindness practice helped you do that! I learned just from this that perhaps I can do the same – let go of any hatred towards enemies. How you said if your spirit is healthy your mind and body will also be healthy – I absolutely agree! It’s just like when Dacher pointed out that when the mind is still the body follows. Our mind, body, and spirit are all connected together and when one is out of balance the other two are off as well. But when they are all in balance and connected we flourish as humans. Great blog Becki, I enjoyed reading about your progress :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becki,
    I feel very happy for you, knowing that you could find such great benefits from this exercise. Hating someone for 25 years had to be very difficult for you. You should be very proud of yourself for this accomplishment I also found the exercise very calming. My body was so relaxed, I could hardly move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I really did let go I was just telling someone about it the other day and it makes me realize how precious time and life are and that we need to not spend a minute of it in anger if possible. Our society makes that hard sometimes but if we follow the path and really flourish we wont let society guide us but try to guide it.
    Becki

    ReplyDelete