The heart is not judged by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Loving Kindness & Subtle Mind

I really liked the loving kindness and subtle mind exercises. I was really comfortable doing these two and felt I had made good progress with them.
I think that using the loving kindness meditation practice will help me with my relationships with my kids and my husband.
I read an article about how some people are in emotional mode and some are in intellect mode and when the two converse they don't see eye to eye. I'm not telling the whole story so it doesn't make as much sense.
My point is that I think if I use the loving kindness exercise my husband and I will spend more quality time together and I won't be so wound up by the time he gets home from work. He just wants to take his boots off and relax and I can't wait to tell him how horrible the kids were and how I got nothing done that day. If I meditated I would put myself in his shoes much easier and be able to understand where he is coming from- it's not that he doesn't care I had a bad day it's just that he is tired and possibly had a rough day himself.
I would be able to see life from the point of my kids and not get so frustrated with them. In turn they may respond better to me and we would be more productive for the day.
Becki

No comments:

Post a Comment